Since 1951, the National Foundation for Credit Counseling® (NFCC®) has helped millions of people lead a more financially fit life. As the largest and longest-serving nonprofit financial counseling organization in the U.S., our mission is to help all Americans gain control over their finances.
Servicelink – Title Insurance Market Analysis
TIISAA stands for Title Insurance Intermediaries Search and Analytics Application. It is the name of the analytics consulting application that was developed by Zivanta Analytics for Servicelink, a premier provider of title insurance services in US. It aimed at assisting Servicelink to increase the market share of title insurance premiums in NY, TX, CA, PA and few other major states. Zivanta tied up with Servicelink as a strategic partner to devise a robust market entry strategy for the latter. The market entry strategy would be based on a market intelligence suite that will be designed and developed taking into account diverse economic and market forces.
About the Client
Servicelink is a major subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial, one of the most prominent players in the title insurance sector and largest provider of commercial and residential mortgage diversified services in United States. Servicelink has been providing loan transaction services to the mortgage industry for more than 47 years under its parent company being Fidelity.
This was basically a market entry consulting project. The entire study was to identify where Fidelity stand in the title insurance market state-wise. The client’s objective was to get an understanding of the states to focus on as well as the ones which are dead horses. In other words Fidelity wanted to derive an idea of their position across US states in terms of competition. The study also aimed at identifying the potential markets for title insurance in relation to population and housing growth for implementing expansion plans in the emerging areas of US.
The entire project was tied up from 2 perspectives: Macro and Micro. Given below is a high level overview of the work that went into Macro and Micro analysis for Servicelink using TIISAA:
Steps Performed in Macro Analysis (overview)
- We initially started with an industry research whitepaper on the Title Insurance industry.
- We then identified 4 top market leaders and downloaded all the historical financial statements with their market share information. Compiled a presentation to understand market movements, market trends and a company’s operational performance.
- We went further to calculate the title insurance premium growth rate and the market share of the top 4 major players and clustered all others together by using a metric called Herfindahl Index (HHI). The FHHI (Fidelity HHI) was also calculated for each state, and the bubble chart and HHI index of Fidel ity gave a good depiction of where Fidelity lies in terms of competition.
After that we gathered U.S Census data to study and analyze the population growth, housing and mi gration trends.
- We again repeated the Herfindahl Index analysis based on population against housing and migration and developed heatmaps could directly conclude the extent of monopoly or oligopoly of a certain market in the U.S
Steps Performed in Micro Analysis (overview)
- Downloaded Corelogic data across different parameters, all underwriters and agencies to drill down our macro analysis to a more granular level and then aggregate trends from the micro variables.
- All the above historical loan level data was used to make dashboards using UI tools like Tableau and da tabases like PostgreSQL.
- We then tied up with listing partners like Realtor, Zillow, Trulia etc., to cull property listing data. This data
- helped us identify the top performing brokers at the most granular level like county, or even a zip.
As a final step in this module, we packaged business intelligence tying up the brokers and title agencies, identifying all the challenges and opportunities so that we arrive at actionable recommendations for our client
The final outcome, apart from the phase-wise milestones was a presentation outlining Business Strategic Options and Recommendations in each option. The options also contained the pros and cons to be taken into consideration. The option sets were data backed, validated and a robust outcome from an extensive
RockTop Partners (RockTop) acquires real estate pools which contain a title, document or compliance issue which impacts the marketability of that asset. Rocktop bids for these assets at a market driven discount and works through a proprietary legal platform to cure the defects and create a pool of assets that can produce an appropriate risk based return. RockTop expertise is in doing a legal curative, property value and cash flow analysis to minimize the potential investment risk.
About the Client
RockTop Partners (RockTop) primary objective is to deploy capital for pools of real estate assets that contain a title, document or compliance issue which impacts the marketability of that asset to the current owner. RockTop utilizes an asset based due diligence review which encompasses the legal curative strategy, property value and cash flow analysis data points needed to secure the assets with an appropriate equity position to protect and potential investment risk.
The objective of RockTop is to acquire real estate pool which comes with thousands of scanned collateral documents which tell the story about the constituent properties, its lien and title status, default details, assignments and other key variables which determine the risk profile of the property. For taking a price position for bidding for a Deal, the risk profile needs to be determined.
To create the risk profile of these properties, the relevant data has to be culled out from the collateral documents for each property. Zivanta Analytics has been retained by RockTop Partners to sift through thousands of collateral documents and key in the key indicators. Zivanta Analytics is also building an analytics engine which will use the keyed data to build the risk contours of each individual property in a deal.
Once a deal is selected to be bid by RockTop partners, the entire collateral set is transferred by RockTop Partners to a secure Amazon Server maintained by Zivanta Analytics.
The Zivanta analysts who are trained to look into the real estate collaterals sort the documents and look at the completeness for building the collateral datasets. Accordingly the digitization strategy for a given deal is decided. The collaterals which can be machine read is sent to the technical data scraping team who write code to machine read the data. The remaining collaterals which cannot be machine read is sent to the data associates who key in the data for each property from each collateral using either voice or key board based data entry.
As the data is being entered, the data quality team concurrently checks the data for quality using proprietary checking tools and analytics.
The cleaned data is then processed by the Zivanta proprietary analytics engine to create a risk profile for each property. The data can be queried by RockTopPartners experts through a custom interface developed by Zivanta Analytics. A dashboard to help analyze the risk profile is under development.
Entire operations are done in house by the Zivanta Analytics team at its own secure premises. All the entered data is kept in Zivanta secure servers. Zivanta Analytics has signed a non disclosure agreement pertaining to data security.
RockTop Partners gets quality data on tight deadlines at very economic costs. The risk profile created using the data from the collateral documents helps make an informed decision regarding the bid price for acquiring a deal. Once a Deal is acquired, the experts at RockTop Partners use the dataset to identify and mitigate the risk associated with each individual property thereby making the property marketable at prevailing market rates.
Deposit Rate Analytics
About the Product
Aggregation of deposit rate product information across all major traditional banks and some key online banks is what Zivanta started with, as its maiden product suite. Over time, as we started covering all major bank products i.e. Certificate of Deposits, Checking, Money Market and Savings, offered by the banks in the U.S, we also started expanding geography wise and institution wise.
As an analytical solutions provider, the main challenge of Zivanta is to show real-time updated rates & APY to the customer, so that they can take proper pricing decision. Another challenge is also to track whether any existing or new product of the bank is removed or added to their list. Tracking real time correct data was our main target over the period of time, which we ultimately built by applying proper algorithms into place.
We have also built several proprietary algorithms that we use in our bank rating and product rating indexes. Using these indexes, we compile bank health reports and consumer focused e-magazines and bulletins about rate fluctuations, new added features of a product or a bank, tracking recent developments in product and pricing, besides state wide averages, policies, and regulations.
Today, Zivanta is one of the leading financial rate and information aggregators of the web, crawling over 60 banks across 4 deposit product categories. In addition to rate data, we also publish original and objective personal finance stories to help consumers make informed financial decisions.
Zivanta designed a platform to promote D2E, as an Offshore outsourcing Aggregator, which delivers clear, focused and measurable results. Zivanta developed a partnership approach and has evolved with the client. The process began with identifying the key marketing elements which consisted of identifying the goals, recognizing challenges and a clear understanding of the target demographics. The next step involved the creation and maintenance of an effective website platform it is the hub of all online marketing activity and lead generation. The next step was to bring in new qualified visitors to the site with the help of blogs, content in the form of news, social media integration and onsite and offsite SEO. This is an ongoing process and constant monitoring is required for its success.
About the client
D2E is an Offshore Outsourcing ecosystem for IT services. It is managed by industry veterans who have set up some of the largest Offshore Development Centers in the world including the likes of GE and several prominent Wall Street institutions. They are based out of their offices in the United States and India.D2E further provides a single window for all IT Offshore Outsourcing requirements. It brings in the best in class professionals and partners in turnkey software application development and maintenance, managed services, software quality assurance testing and software consulting. Each D2E leader has honed their skills on the job, handling complex multi-million dollar projects. They are considered thought leaders in their respective domains by their peers and are sought after for advice and mentorship. They give honest and studied opinion and provide solutions which are transformational for clients.
The biggest challenge involved designing the website in such a way as to generate lead and draw in more customers. The website’s performance was also high on the list of priorities. It’s an asset that works around the clock to draw in visitors, convert them, and helps in hitting the target. The issues with website management include a variety of different factors, from writing and optimizing the content to designing beautiful web pages. The biggest challenge was to market and attract an international audience and increase footfall.
Having a diverse marketing approach that incorporates multiple strategies is an optimal way to achieve short term and long term goals. In line with the objectives, SEO optimization to boost and position the website is one of the most critical points. It was utilized for-
- Social Media Marketing –Various social media sites are used to create awareness about D2E Consulting and to increase its web presence. It includes boost posts on Facebook, posts in Google+, LinkedIn and on Pinterest. Posts are also shared on groups related to IT and Offshore outsourcing technology.
- Content Writing- Blogs are published weekly on the D2E website on topics related to Offshore Outsourcing Services Aggregator and also on topics which the US-based crowd would like to read on offshore outsourcing. Announcements on both past and upcoming events like Webinars are regularly put up to increase the footfall of visitors along with updates on the ecosystem community.
- Newsletter – A weekly newsletter consisting of blogs, tech news, offshore outsourcing news, partner news, infographics, and announcements.(All information are taken from the D2E website). They go a long way in building relationships and maintaining a regular contact with prospective clients. Newsletter content builds a broader picture and encourages readers to find out more detailed information on the company website.
- The D2E website is performing well to draw in visitors and the google ranking of the website has also shown a positive trend.
- The content updated on the D2E website has increased the number of footfalls to the site by drawing in the US diaspora.
Branolia Chemical Works traditionally has not been a tech savvy company and had no worthwhile digital presence. With it setting eye on the pan-India market, a website became necessary. Branolia Chemical Works selected Zivanta Analytics to design and also market their website primarily because of its design prowess and digital marketing abilities.
About the Client
Branolia Chemical Works is a ninety-year-old company manufacturing herbal therapeutics. Inspired by the philosophy of Swadeshi , two brothers Shri Dhirendra Chandra Majumdar and Shri Pran Kumar Majumdar founded the Branolia Chemical Works in 1922 along with another sister concern Jugabarta Press. A small herbal medicine manufacturing unit was set up at Sealdah, Calcutta. Over the years, Branolia Chemicals has added to its portfolio a number of herbal products which have been well received. They include Bitocough (for cough and cold), Livonia (for better digestive outcomes) and Bellytone (to control constipation). Lead by its iconic brand Branolia, the company commands significant market share in brain tonic and cough medicine market.
The brainstorming sessions followed on how to design and position the Branolia website.
Design: A review of the websites of competition revealed that the design philosophy was a matter of fact and straitjacket given that pharma and medicine is considered a serious topic. Zivanta Analytics turned the logic on its head and recommended that a pharma website can be colorful and trendy. The reasoning were:
- The flagship product Branolia, is a brain tonic which has the largest market base amongst students and youth and the design preference of this group had to be kept in mind
- The website should reflect brightness , joy and zest for life – attributes connected to health
- There has to be a standout factor which differentiates from competition
Demonstrate Knowledge: To demonstrate that Branolia is a knowledge driven company, the synopsis of recent research from academic journals on alternate medicine and also herbal inputs which go into the manufacture of Branolia Chemical Products was to be showcased.
Incorporating existing promotion material: Branolia is a heavy advertisement spender especially on television. All the advertisement videos have been showcased on the website.
The achievements in the first six months of the launch of the website are as follows:
- The site achieved the highest Alexa ranking 15631 amongst all the Indian websites
- A number of business leads were generated which lead to atleast two new distributorships
- Branolia achieved first-page status in Google for all its brand names i.e. Branolia, Bitocough, and Bellytone
- It also achieved first page ranking for generic key phrases like ‘brain tonic student’
- A number of customer queries have started coming in for the products from across the country
The startup funding ecosystem is growing by the day. With an ever-increasing startup community driven by cutting-edge innovation, venture capitalists and angel investors are also pooling in funds. While large platforms exist bringing together both parties, the community needs a platform that will ensure seamless controlling and monitoring of all fund disbursals that happen around. Zivanta has helped build the Fundsafe platform to do just that, and more.
‘Aman’ – GPS Enabled Mobile App
As users call for more mobile applications, enterprises must develop a mobile app strategy to meet the demand. But, it’s important to only include apps that truly bring value to the organization. Zivanta Analytics developed ‘Aman’ Mobile Android App which is primarily targeted at Women, Children and Disabled traveling alone in chauffeur driven cars. The App will enable sending of distress signal when car over-speeds or the occupant faces a situation which endangers personal safety. Zivanta partnered with the University of Ha’il in collaboration with the Ministry of Exterior, KSA to develop this mobile application especially targeted at Women, Children and Disabled. This mobile application is a one-time single-sign-on (SSO) only. As long as one does not uninstall the app, the app will remain signed in. If the sign-in detail needs to undergo a change, installing the app from the play store again is necessary. The process involved in the development of this app comprised of prioritizing what goes into the application portfolio, choosing a set of tools to be used for development and finally establishing governance and standards to maintain quality and consistency. Once this mobile app is made live maintaining it will also fall on the shoulders of Zivanta Analytics.
About the client
Zivanta partnered with the University of Ha’il in collaboration with the Ministry of Exterior, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to develop a mobile application targeted at Women, Children and Disabled. The University of Ha’il aims to become the first corporate university in the Middle East Region where technology and innovation are the two main elements used to sustain continuous development. The University of Ha’il is considered to be the University of the Future that moves at “the speed of change”. The university of Ha’il started as a community college, called Hail Community College (HCC), under the auspices of King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals in September 1998. It was officially established in 2005 and has five colleges under its purview.
A good mobile app will depend on aggregation of information from various sources. The basic challenges faced by the ‘Aman’ mobile developers were developing an app across multiple platforms, lack of robust monitoring, analysis, and testing tools, and emulators that are slow or miss many features of mobile devices. The lack of an integrated development platform also does not allow for the development of the app on all the available devices. Another major challenge faced was testing the application across various devices, which depends on the success and failure of the app.
The ‘Aman- Safety Mobile App’ will provide users with a
• A Speedometer to give an alert system to notify emergency contacts during over speeding.
• Tracker – A GPS-enabled tracking system ensuring a 2-way tracking. It is a Google Maps integrated screen, capturing user location every few microseconds, thus enabling users to track their location, search where their emergency contacts are, and the nearest contacts from the user’s location in real-time.
• Social Network: Since social media exists because of closely connected communities, this option tries to tap a user’s personal network directly via social media. On clicking this option, it will enable a user to invite friends active on social media. This way of inviting friends attempt to save time too, since even during an emergency situation if a person does not find any emergency contact nearby, but someone outside the app network who might be online on social media at that point in time and hence able to respond by joining the app network and tracking the person in need.
• Email: The email option is provided in the preferences to enable users of the app patronize and popularize the app so that more connections are able to join this app and use it from the invite email. The objective of this is not user acquisition, but more the number of personal connections of an app user join the network, the better chances are that in the case of an emergency or over speeding, alert functions can achieve the purpose.
• The main objective behind designing this app was to promote the idea of Women Safety by better tracking facility.
• This particular app will be helpful not only for women but also for children and the disabled.