You are an awesome programmer, application developer, technical architect, database designer, etc with 5 – 7 years of experience, brimming with new ideas and waiting for the next opportunity to create something of your own, where You call the shots, You execute your visions, You play with cool technologies, You build a team, You inspire others, and You build awesome products and platforms –if these qualities define you, welcome to Zivanta.
Zivanta is a boutique software development and business analytics company based out of Kolkata and looking for its Chief Technology Officer with experience and expertise to lead hands-on end to end product design, development, and implementation (web, mobile browser, Smartphone apps) based on strategic priorities, industry experience, customer feedback, and analytics.
We are 14+ people strong company focused on both India and US market. In the US market, we are primarily focused on application development and analytics focused on housing and mortgage banking and in India, we are focused on social sector analytics. In addition, we have aggressive goals to become a dominant player in the Indian online media market with a key product development initiative underway.
Zivanta is a profitable, self-funded entity and its founder and investor is based out of US. The CTO will report to the founder directly.
- Define, architect and innovate the technology platform on web & apps to achieve seamless user experience of our product offerings across platforms to end customer.
- Ensure delivery of IT services on time, on budget and meeting requirements and quality standards
- Develop and maintain overall framework of IT policies, standards, and strategies.
- Manage an in-house tech team and look forward to leading and nurturing them.
- Plan, organize and manage day-to-day IT resource activities
- Exclusively use best practices in code development and deployment.
- Evaluate and improvise appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services
- Develop, implement and monitor a security policy to secure access to information, data, IT infrastructure including physical and network infrastructure and other IT assets and to minimize the risk of loss, pilferage and / or unauthorized duplication or usage of the same
- Develop and implement a “big data” framework using technologies as R and Python and data visualization platform leveraging Tableau, etc
- Help define IT training needs and provide training as required to ensure the most effective use of computer systems
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in information technology throughout the company and ensure that the company makes the best use of any such developments.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration & system testing. Rigorously monitor key performance metrics and coordinate with various teams to take corrective actions if needed
BS/MS Computer Science degree, MCA
- Senior full-stack developer with 5+ years of experience in architecture design, product development, databases and UI/UX in consumer facing applications.
- Preferable experience on Codeigniter, Laravel, and more
- Hands on Coding experience preferably on PHP and multiple programming languages.
- Good knowledge of frameworks and platforms and CMS systems eg. Angular Js, Android SDK, iOS SDK, REST API, Agile, NoSQL technologies, etc.
- Expert technical architect has implemented micro-service based architecture and understands best practices to optimize performance
- Knowledge of AWS required for cloud set up and configuration.
- Advance MySQL knowledge required with hand on experience with query building and query optimization.
- Command on how agile-methodology works and experience in using version control tools
- Loves to work in a startup environment, learns quickly and takes responsibility.
- Highly motivated & loves to own his/her work
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in teams
- Excellent recruiter to manage a team of 3-5 developers/designers/testers (over time)
- Strong project delivery skills – meeting tight deadlines
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Willingness to learn and utilize emerging technologies
- Familiar with iterative and agile development processes
- Competitive compensation
- Lots of learning
- Extremely flat hierarchy, no bureaucracy
- Meritocracy-driven, candid culture
- Fun, casual, relaxed and flexible work environment